To market, sell, and cross-sell Nedbank products, In-Branch, to meet the needs of Retail Business Banking (RBB) clients; to retain and grow client base; to achieve and meet business objectives through identifying and fulfilling client financial needs and to provide consistent excellent client service.
- Deliver and achieve all in-branch daily, weekly and monthly sales opportunities by following business unit sales strategy.
- Finalise client transactions by ensuring client signature for final product accepted.
- Improve performance based on management guidance and feedback.
- Obtain referrals from existing clients and in branch staff through collaboration.
- Market financial products to new and existing clients and stakeholders through the identification of client needs and by matching product to the need.
- Assist and collaborate with segment colleagues (i.e. Relationship- and Business Banking) with activations to ensure new business opportunities are fulfilled.
- Build relationships with clients and stakeholders through regular contact and by being available and getting to know them (i.e. I know you strategy).
- Resolve client queries by following business procedure and keeping client informed.
- Educate clients on the product offering by presenting them with the relevant information.
- Maintain client relationships through world class service standards by listening and attending to client needs, keeping them in the loop and making things happen for them.
- Develop effective partnerships with clients by listening to client needs, asking questions and demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business & industry.
- Address client needs by identifying effective financial solutions, using product knowledge, providing the client with proactive solutions.
- Act as client’s banking partner by taking responsibility for providing regular feedback.
- Ensure retention of clients full banking relationship through client service and client contact.
- Plan and implement effective prospecting activities by identifying and responding to business opportunities.
- Meet requirements of product applications by providing all required documentation.
- Ensure all client details are correct by capturing details correctly at application stage.
- Schedule work according to action plan from manager in order to meet business objectives.
- Complete verification procedure for all applications by following business unit requirements.
- Enable managerial sales consolidation by reporting daily sales statistics.
- Improve the quality of work by using the managerial recommendations.
- Ensure effective administration and controls in branch portfolio by checking securities and complying with FICA & FAIS requirements.
- Reduce fraudulent transactions by reporting suspicious transactions to the relevant department.
- Ensure technical, company standards and practices are met by vetting the accuracy and quality of applications and security documentation within sales portfolio.
- Deliver agreed results through input to client financial analysis, making recommendations to credit, monitoring that security documentation are completed and returned to admin team and by confirming Bank queries and Bank Codes.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Sales or Marketing Certificate or Bcomm Marketing or Commerce
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Managing conflict situations
- Communicating internally
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing customer expectations
- Interacting with diverse people
- Interacting with external clients
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Working in a team
3 year Retail Banking experience of which 1-2 years experience at Sales Consultant level. Exposure to Small Business Services clients.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Leveraging a Winning Sales Strategy
- Advancing Sales Discussions
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Targeting Sales Opportunities
- Qualifying Sales
- Building Networks
- Driving for results
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566